A Colles’ fracture refers to a break in the wrist. Usually, it happens because of a fall on an outstretched hand.
Specifically, the break results at the end of a bone in the forearm called the radius.
Patients with osteoporosis and older patients with any other form of the bone diseases are commonly the victims of this kind of fracture.
The rehabilitation of Colles’ fracture involves the use of a cast to ease firmness and avoid mobility that will encourage healing.
The objective of the healthcare team changes as soon as the pain and swelling subside. The new priority is a joint range of motion and restoration of muscle strength. In-home physical therapy at New Beginning Physical Therapy, Palm Desert, CA, plays a significant role in this situation.
How In-home Physical Therapy Can Help You?
Physical therapy with in-home physical therapists in Palm Desert, CA, can assist in the healing of wrist injuries in the following ways:
- RICE – The use of RICE method is suitable after damages to lessen the extent of the trauma and enable healing.
- Rehabilitation Exercises – the muscles incline to lose strength, tone, and mass because of idleness. The range of motion exercises and stretching can lessen the occurrence of ‘muscle atrophy.’
- Massage Therapy and Mobilizations – Manual therapy helps decrease the pain, reduce swelling and increase blood flow to the part that needs healing.
- Electrical Stimulation – this is used to develop muscle strength; it makes use of a small electric current that stimulates muscle fibers to tighten the muscles.
- Balance Therapy – If a Colles’ fracture has happened in an old patient because of imbalance, then rehabilitation is targeted at improving essential balance and strength. At times, aids like a walking stick or Zimmer frame are useful. Given the importance of the wrist in daily activities, the aim of in-home physical therapy at New Beginning Physical Therapy, Palm Desert, CA, is to help redeem full mobility of the wrist.
However, physical therapy with in-home physical therapists in Palm Desert, CA, can also further decrease inflammation, control pain, improving strength, improving balance and recovering independence, especially in old patients. Physical therapy helps with the healing development.
In-Home Physical Therapy at New Beginning Physical Therapy, Palm Desert, CA
In-home physical therapy at New Beginning Physical Therapy, Palm Desert, CA, is essential in the full retrieval of wrist strength and mobility after a fracture.
Our expert in-home physical therapists will begin with gentle motions on the hand and wrist for joint circulation improvement and encourage movement.
As pain decreases, the in-home physical therapist will help and supervise moderate exercises to regain full mobility. Your in-home physical therapist at New Beginning Physical Therapy, Palm Desert, CA, will provide the care you need when you need it.
If you are in pain or is hurting, there is a better chance of full recovery with an in-home physical therapist at New Beginning Physical Therapy, Palm Desert, CA.